OpenScope Studio works on a range or project types and size, but our work is broken down into a series of phases as a project moves from its initial conception to construction and completion. We would love to work with you from beginning to end, but we are also willing to contract separately for individual phases depending on your needs. Our construction document projects typically utilize standard AIA contracts.
Construction Project Phases
- Initial Consultation: professional opinion in a written report on the feasibility of a project, including a bubble diagram of a potential layout and order of magnitude costing. Contact us for details on feasibility studies for larger projects.
- Schematic Design: Initial Zoning and Building Code research, preliminary floor plan studies, and a schematic set of drawings suitable for preliminary Contractor pricing and possible Planning Department review (if necessary).
- Design Development & Construction Documents: Coordination with other consultants and the production of the documents that will be used to build your project.
- Bid and Negotiation: Review and analyze General Contractor proposals.
- Plan Check and Permitting: Coordinate plan check submittal packages as required by the governing agencies. Respond to agency plan check comments, make necessary corrections.
- Construction Observation: Site visits and correspondence with the contractor to clarify issues that come up during construction.
- Review Services for Multifamily Housing Projects: OpenScope can assist you with your project to keep it on track and look for potential problems (and solutions) in your drawing set. We bring many years of urban multifamily housing experience to your team.
- Temporary/Early Activation Projects: We have experience with designing and executing temporary urban projects and dealing with the complex fabrication and permitting challenges they often involve. We have worked from the scale of a parklet up to complex mixed use container projects and sports facilities.